Document Legalisation and Travel to China

If you’re planning on travelling or relocating to China, we can help; whether it’s our China legalisation service or helping you apply for a tourist visa, we have an article with the information you’ll need.

Choose a topic and a blog post below to get started. If at any point you have questions or need the advice of one of our specialists, you can use the live chat function or get in touch with us vis another method on the Contact Us page.

Legalising documents for use in China

There are many things to be aware of when it comes to document legalisation for China. By reading our blog posts you can make sure you have all the documents you’ll need, prepared correctly and good to go for your application. We also offer free help guide downloads to help you navigate the complexities of the processes much quicker and easier.

Teaching TEFL in China

Teaching ESL is quickly becoming one of the most popular reasons people relocate to China; with the unfaltering demand for TEFL certificate holders, there are is no end of opportunities. China continue to review their requirements for ESL teachers coming to work in the country, as well as making updates and changes to their legalisation application processes.

We also have some excellent content put together with recruiters who are based in China, as well as teachers who have first-hand experience of teaching there, to give you some great tips and insights on what to expect when you start your new adventure!

Tourist Visas for China

If you’re thinking of travelling to China on holiday or for business, you’ll need to make sure you fully understand the various types of visa to avoid applying for the incorrect class for your needs. If you’re passing through China, you may even want to take advantage of their short-term visas which can be obtained on arrival. This can be a great opportunity to take in some sights and make the most of your lay over.

Check out the following articles put together by our specialist visa team. If you still have questions just get in touch with us via live chat or one of the methods on our Contact Us page and we will be more than happy to help.

China FAQs

  • The legalisation of documents isn’t based on where you currently reside, but where the documents themselves were issued. For example, if you gained a Degree in the UK but currently live in Canada, the Degree certificate will need to be returned to the UK for legalisation as only the UK government can verify it’s authenticity.
  • You will need your original documents, which will legalised for you wherever they were issued, as well as a photocopy of your passport photo page and a completed application form. All of the information you require will be provided when we issue you a quotation, along with a copy of the application form you can complete digitally ready to be printed and signed, as well as a service guide to explain the legalisation process.
  • Don’t worry, we offer a guide with our quotations which will give you an easy-fill digital version of the application form as well as as a help sheet which covers each section in detail. If you still need help, we’re always here to answer your questions.
  • No, although your documents must be legalised in their country of origin, you are able to apply for a Z-Visa in your country of residence. So if you have a Degree from the UK but currently reside in France, for example, you can apply for the Z-Visa at the Chinese Visa Application Centre in Paris.

  • If you’ve completed a TEFL course and are thinking of moving to China to teach, we can help. We are the most experienced legalisation company in the industry when it comes to dealing with TEFL awards and our team are happy to check a scan of your certificate for you to ensure that it will be accepted for legalisation. As there are often issues with TEFL certificates being rejected by the FCDO for Apostille, we understand you’ll want to make sure there aren’t any delays in getting ready for your move. Get in touch and speak to us about this through our live chat function or one of the methods on our contact us page.