Wherever you’re travelling in the world, it’s important you check any travel restrictions and visa requirements before you travel. Some countries base their visa-free entry schemes based on your citizenship, rather than which passport you hold, therefore it’s key you check the specifics for your personal circumstances to avoid being held up at customs, or even being refused entry into the country.
There are a few other points you will need to be aware of which can determine the visa type you will need, including:
- Which country you are travelling to
- Which passport or travel document you hold
- Your citizenship, if different to that of your passport
- The purpose of travel (tourism/business/study/family/other)
- The dates you are travelling and how long you intend to stay
- Date of birth (some visa processes differ dependant on this)
We have created a range of general blog posts on visa requirements, but if you’d like advice from one of our visa specialists, just get in touch. We’re here to help and give you personalised advice through live chat, or any of the methods listed on our Contact Page.